CMC Catering Assistant
The Catholic Multicultural Center, a ministry of Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish, is seeking a Catering Assistant for their Culinary Creations Catering enterprise. Culinary Creations offers affordable, high-quality catering services for events such as fundraisers, church functions, meetings and community events. Each order provides meaningful hands-on training and work experience in food service to individuals who have experienced significant barriers to employment. If you have a passion for food and are looking for a great way to enter the industry, food service work may be the right choice to set you on your career path!
Hours: typically 7:00am-1:00pm, Monday-Friday, with some occasional evenings and weekends, as coordinated by the CMC Culinary Creations Catering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid cooks with preparing meals and preparing food as requested by the chef or other supervising employee.
- Prepare meals for schools and events, such as soups, salads or desserts.
- Help cooks with food preparation duties for the day by cutting, peeling, or slicing as needed.
- Help with loading food into the vans, and delivering food to schools in a timely manner
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork by being willing to multitask with a positive attitude
- Unloading the food deliveries each week, rotating food with the FIFO method.
- Adhere to food safety standards at all times, making sure that all food is free of contaminants and pathogens that might make customers sick.
- Clean pots, pans, and any other dishes in the kitchen as needed, adhering to safety and sanitation standards at all times.
- Ability to lift, walk or stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, cleaning and maintenance
- High school degree or GRE preferred
- Kitchen and Food production knowledge preferred
- Food handlers license or certification that is valid preferred
Employment and Training Coordinator
The Catholic Multicultural Center, a ministry of Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish, is seeking an Employment and Training Coordinator to work with their Culinary Creations Catering enterprise. Culinary Creations offers affordable, high-quality catering services for events such as fundraisers, church functions, meetings and community events. Each order provides meaningful hands-on training and work experience in food service to individuals who have experienced significant barriers to employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop training activities that will help CMC guests be better prepared for employment.
2. Work with Employment Search Assistance (ESA) and Culinary Creations (CC) program staff to develop and provide auxiliary training for program clients and trainees including:
- Assisting CC staff with trainee job skill development.
- Assisting ESA staff with development of technology training for program participants.
- Recruiting trainees for CC through promotion and collaboration with other agencies.
- Interviewing and assess prospective trainees and make recommendations to program manager(s).
- Recruiting and develop relations with food service employers to provide employment to CC graduating trainees.
3. Promote employment and training programs to agencies and the public.
4. Develop and employ assessment tools to measure progress of program participants and trainees.
5. Develop and maintain data management to track employment and training program participation and successes.
6. Assist with special projects:
- a. Assist with annual Radiothon fundraising event
- b. Assist Director with public relations and collaborations with business community
- c. Assist with special event planning
7. Assist Catering Manager with event planning and other catering operations as necessary.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. Two years’ experience working in the area of employment and training; culinary experience a plus
3. Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule
4. Proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word & Excel, and internet usage
5. Strong communication skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
6. Previous non-profit program management, or for-profit department management is a plus
7. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) ability is strongly desirable.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
After School Child Care Teachers
Do you know someone that would be a perfect after school child care teacher? A summer nanny your kids love? A neighbor? A friend? Please share this post and help us spread the word!
Days/Hours are flexible! This is perfect for someone looking for part-time or for Education, Early Education, and/or Nursing students as work hours can also count toward practicum requirements.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Mary Jo Vitale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After School Child Care Program Director
Our Lady Queen of Peace School, a ministry of Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish, is hiring for a full time After School Child Care Director. This position provides not only child care, but enrichment for students 4K - grade 3. Students are put in groups of 5-7 students at their developmental levels. The after school program provides various experiences such as snacking, reading, computer lab, gardening, mindfulness, play time, and other enrichment opportunities. Salary will be negotiated. A full job description can be found on QP School's website.
- Computer literacy, specifically Google Docs
- Ability to schedule up to 15 employees
- Good Communication Skills
- Previous experience with children
- Management skills
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Mary Jo Vitale at email@example.com.