Immigration Attorney/Accredited Representative
The Catholic Multicultural Center (CMC), a ministry of Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish, is seeking a part or full-time attorney or Dept. of Justice accredited representative to join our immigration legal services program. The ideal candidate will be fluent in Spanish and have a passion for serving the immigrant community. Prior experience with legal immigration work in a community-based setting or non-profit will be highly regarded. Salary commensurate with experience.
∙ Provide immigration consultations and appointments for Immigration Services clients.
∙ Identify available immigration benefits, obtain necessary documentation and evidence, file relevant applications, and follow cases to completion.
∙ Maintain applications, records, and all required documentation according to program procedures; submit in a timely fashion and manage deadlines; ensure confidentiality.
∙ Maintain and increase up-to-date knowledge of immigration law and policies through daily reading (e-mail list serves, publications) and participation in webinars, staff meetings, and periodic offsite training.
∙ Utilize resources provided by CMC through memberships (e.g. CLINIC) and affiliations.
∙ Attend meetings, trainings and/or conferences as necessary.
∙ Be thoroughly familiar with the policies and procedures guiding the work of this position in particular and the organization overall. Perform job functions in line with these policies and procedures.
∙ Provide appropriate referrals and work cooperatively with other area immigration programs. Assist Coordinator with outreach through participation in relevant community and stakeholder meetings and through participation in legal clinics as needed.
∙ Assist in daily organizational functions and in CMC events when needed.
∙ Perform other job related duties as assigned.
∙ Law degree/Previous or current DOJ accreditation
∙ Minimum of 3 years’ experience in immigration law
∙ Fluent in English and Spanish preferable
∙ Demonstrated commitment to immigrant rights and willingness to support CMC’s mission, vision and values
∙ Excellent written and oral communication skills
∙ Commitment to working in a diverse working environment
∙ Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
∙ Proficiency in use of web-based software, MS Word, MS Excel
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Janice at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21, 2022.
Vaccine Resource Navigator
This position will assist clients of the CMC and Jewish Social Services (JSS) and other immigrants with obtaining COVID-19 vaccines through resource navigation, outreach, education and coordination of vaccine clinics. An ideal candidate would have advanced to fluent Spanish language abilities and experience or knowledge in one or more of the following areas: community outreach, social services, cultural sensitivity, healthcare and/or life science. Click here for the full description.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Laura Green, Laura@cmcmadison.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
After School Child Care Teachers
Do you know someone that would be a perfect after school child care teacher? A summer nanny your kids love? A neighbor? A friend? Please share this post and help us spread the word!
Days/Hours are flexible! This is perfect for someone looking for part-time or for Education, Early Education, and/or Nursing students as work hours can also count toward practicum requirements.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Mary Jo Vitale, email@example.com.
CMC Catering Assistant
The Catholic Multicultural Center, a ministry of Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish, is seeking a Catering Assistant for their Culinary Creations Catering enterprise. Culinary Creations offers affordable, high-quality catering services for events such as fundraisers, church functions, meetings and community events. Each order provides meaningful hands-on training and work experience in food service to individuals who have experienced significant barriers to employment. If you have a passion for food and are looking for a great way to enter the industry, food service work may be the right choice to set you on your career path!
Hours: typically 7:00am-1:00pm, Monday-Friday, with some occasional evenings and weekends, as coordinated by the CMC Culinary Creations Catering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid cooks with preparing meals and preparing food as requested by the chef or other supervising employee.
- Prepare meals for schools and events, such as soups, salads or desserts.
- Help cooks with food preparation duties for the day by cutting, peeling, or slicing as needed.
- Help with loading food into the vans, and delivering food to schools in a timely manner
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork by being willing to multitask with a positive attitude
- Unloading the food deliveries each week, rotating food with the FIFO method.
- Adhere to food safety standards at all times, making sure that all food is free of contaminants and pathogens that might make customers sick.
- Clean pots, pans, and any other dishes in the kitchen as needed, adhering to safety and sanitation standards at all times.
- Ability to lift, walk or stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, cleaning and maintenance
- High school degree or GRE preferred
- Kitchen and Food production knowledge preferred
- Food handlers license or certification that is valid preferred
Employment and Training Coordinator
The Catholic Multicultural Center, a ministry of Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish, is seeking an Employment and Training Coordinator to work with their Culinary Creations Catering enterprise. Culinary Creations offers affordable, high-quality catering services for events such as fundraisers, church functions, meetings and community events. Each order provides meaningful hands-on training and work experience in food service to individuals who have experienced significant barriers to employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop training activities that will help CMC guests be better prepared for employment.
2. Work with Employment Search Assistance (ESA) and Culinary Creations (CC) program staff to develop and provide auxiliary training for program clients and trainees including:
- Assisting CC staff with trainee job skill development.
- Assisting ESA staff with development of technology training for program participants.
- Recruiting trainees for CC through promotion and collaboration with other agencies.
- Interviewing and assess prospective trainees and make recommendations to program manager(s).
- Recruiting and develop relations with food service employers to provide employment to CC graduating trainees.
3. Promote employment and training programs to agencies and the public.
4. Develop and employ assessment tools to measure progress of program participants and trainees.
5. Develop and maintain data management to track employment and training program participation and successes.
6. Assist with special projects:
- a. Assist with annual Radiothon fundraising event
- b. Assist Director with public relations and collaborations with business community
- c. Assist with special event planning
7. Assist Catering Manager with event planning and other catering operations as necessary.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred
2. Two years’ experience working in the area of employment and training; culinary experience a plus
3. Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule
4. Proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word & Excel, and internet usage
5. Strong communication skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
6. Previous non-profit program management, or for-profit department management is a plus
7. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) ability is strongly desirable.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.