Our Pastoral Council guides our parish ministries. It consists of the pastor and parish administrator, nine members appointed by the pastor to three-year terms, and one appointed by Pastoral Council. We welcome your support and interest. To view council minutes, please contact Lisa Haas. To view the by-laws, please click here.
*Pastoral Council Nominations are now open. Please click here.
Each commission is a subgroup of Pastoral Council and is focused on the guidance and development of specific parts of our parish including:
- Adult Enrichment: Helps parishioners develop programs to enrich spiritual lives, faith experiences, and knowledge of Catholicism.
- Education: Devises and implements policies of Our Lady Queen of Peace School, in conjunction with Diocesan and Department of Public Instruction policies and under the guidance of the Pastor and Pastoral Council.
- Liturgy: Plans, advises, and supports the liturgical life of parish, including art and environment.
- Pastoral Care: Identifies and meets physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of parishioners through service.
- Social Action & Community Enrichment: Enhances socializing in our faith community through providing activities for all.
- Religious Education (Gr. 1–6): Develops growth and participation among our young, allowing them to grow in their faith and beyond.
- Youth Ministry (Gr. 7-12): Develops growth and participation among high school youth in service, spirituality, religious education, and community with the parish, enabling them to live their faith today and always.
If you're interested in learning more or joining one of our commissions, please contact Lisa Haas.
Our finance council reviews, evaluates, and approves the parish budget, property improvements, fundraising, and financial policy. Each member serves on a parish committee, as a liaison including:
- Buildings & Grounds: Responsible for parish facility needs planning, and current facility maintenance.
- Campus Information Technology: Responsible for a long-term technology plan to address campus-wide infrastructure improvements to benefit parish and school. Develops integration into school curriculum.
- Development: Responsible for parish communication, fundraising efforts and helping parishioners learn more about our parish.
- School Endowment: Responsible for monitoring endowment investments and disbursements and generates increased fund contributions.
If you're interested in learning more or joining one of these committees, please contact Jeanne McLellan.
Vice Council Chair,
Mary Pat Braun
Youth Ministry Commission
Pastoral Care Commission
Social Action & Community Enrichment
Adult Enrichment Commission
Youth Ministry Commission