There are many ways to give to our parish, beyond offertory giving. These types of gifts truly help us continue to build a solid foundation for all future generations of our QP Community. You will find a brief overview of additional options below:
The Gift of Stock or Securities
It’s important to notify our parish when you intend to make a gift of securities to Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish and School with the details of your gift (name of stock, number of shares). First, notify your broker that you wish to make a gift to Our Lady Queen of Peace. Your broker’s instructions can include:
- Your name as the donor.
- The name of the stock and the number of shares.
- The purpose of the gift.
To transfer securities, your broker may contact UBS Financial Services directly:
Financial Institution: UBS Financial Services
Contact: Michele Dahlk at (608) 831-8677
Name of Account:
Our Lady Queen of Peace (General Parish Support)
Account Number: HZ07405-34
DTC Number: 0221
Catholic Multicultural Center
Account Number: HZ09670
DTC Number 0221
Tax Reporting for Gifts of Securities
Please consult your tax advisor. The IRS may require you to complete form 8283A for a gift of securities exceeding $500. We will issue a receipt for your gift with the amount of the average of the high and low trading prices on the effective date of gift, per IRS regulations.
Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD) from your IRA
A QCD is a direct transfer of funds from your IRA custodian, payable to a qualified charity. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- May satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
A planned gift is any major gift, made in lifetime or at death as part of a donor’s overall financial and/or estate planning. There are a few ways to make a planned gift to our parish including:
- Naming Our Lady Queen of Peace as the beneficiary of your IRA, life insurance, trust and/or Will.
- Creating a Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT)
A CRT trust is created to provide you with a lifetime of income with the remainder of the trust going a charity, such as our parish or school. Your estate attorney can help with this and may also have additional strategies.
For more information about planning your will, please see the Diocese of Madison's Online Will Planner. You can watch videos and follow an outline to create the peace of mind that comes with having a plan.